Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fashion: Larme Kei

I found a new style I really like and I think I might try out. I'll keep my eyes out for stuff when I go to second hand shops. But the style is called Larme Kei. Its a Japanese street fashion. I really like it because it seems really pretty, and it also looks really simple and really pretty.  The main point behind Larme Kei is to look sweet, sophisticated and a bit girly. I like it because it seems grown up and mature, but at the same time still really playful and cute. Which is something I do like in clothes.


So what makes a outfit count as larme kei? Well the outfits need to be coordinated, they also need to have a sweet, girly but sensual vibe to it.  For me and what I've seen it seems like its more around softed colors, whites, creams, pastel colors. Not dark defined colors or bright colors. And its not to be mixed up with fairy kei.  I think some darker colors would be fine as long as the outfit is thought out, as for bright colors I could see them working if it was just on one thing. Like a shirt, or a skirt, or a coat. But not really as a full outfit from head to toe of purple. 


I find the outfits really cute. I also feel like this is a fashion I could wear pearls with, without feeling like I'm an old lady or I have to somehow figure out a pinup hair style for. Its a really sweet fashion.  I also feel like this fashion isn't so much about prints, its more about the fabric types. 


No comments:

Post a Comment